Are you looking for ways to make your daily routine more eco-friendly?
- Reusable food wraps: We swapped plastic cling wrap with reusable food wraps made from natural materials like beeswax, cotton, and jojoba oil. These wraps keep my food fresh and can be used over and over again.
- Silicone straws: Ditch the plastic straws and opt for reusable silicone straws that are durable and easy to clean.
- Glass food storage containers: We switched to glass food storage containers that are free from harmful chemicals and can be reused over and over again. They're great for storing leftovers and meal prep.
- Compost bin: We started a compost bin for food scraps and other organic matter to reduce my kitchen waste. It's a great way to create nutrient-rich soil for my garden.
- Dishwashing soap bar: We swapped plastic bottle of dish soap for a bar soap that's gentle on my skin and the environment. It's long-lasting and smells great too.
The bathroom is another area where we can make eco-friendly changes to our daily routine. Here are our top picks for eco-friendly bathroom essentials:
- Bamboo toothbrush: Replace your plastic toothbrush with a bamboo toothbrush that's biodegradable and compostable. It's a simple swap that helps to reduce plastic waste.
- Organic cotton towels: Upgrading to organic cotton towels that are soft, absorbent, and free from harmful chemicals has been a game-changer for me. They feel great on my skin and I feel good knowing they're better for the environment.
- Refillable shampoo and conditioner bottles: Ditch the single-use plastic shampoo and conditioner bottles and opt for refillable bottles made from glass or aluminum. It's an easy way to reduce plastic waste and save money in the long run.
- Bidet attachment: Save water and reduce your use of toilet paper by installing a bidet attachment in your bathroom.
Cleaning products are essential for maintaining a clean and healthy home, but many conventional products contain harmful chemicals that can be harmful to our health and the environment. Here are our top picks for eco-friendly cleaning products:
- Natural all-purpose cleaner: Use an all-purpose cleaner made from natural ingredients like vinegar, baking soda, and essential oils to clean your home.
- Microfiber cloths: Switch to reusable microfiber cloths that can be washed and reused instead of disposable paper towels.
- Biodegradable dishwashing liquid: Choose a dishwashing liquid that's biodegradable and free from harmful chemicals.
- Castile soap: Use castile soap, which is made from natural ingredients like olive oil, instead of conventional soap that contains harsh chemicals.
- Natural laundry detergent: Choose a natural laundry detergent that's free from synthetic fragrances, dyes, and other harmful chemicals.#
- Natural deodorant: Swap out your conventional deodorant for a natural one that's free from harmful chemicals like aluminum.
- Menstrual cup: Switch to a menstrual cup, which is a reusable and eco-friendly alternative to disposable tampons and pads.
- Bamboo hairbrush: Replace your plastic hairbrush with a bamboo hairbrush that's biodegradable and compostable.
- Reusable cotton rounds: Use reusable cotton rounds made from organic cotton to remove makeup and apply skincare products.
- Zero-waste razor: Choose a zero-waste razor made from stainless steel or bamboo that can be reused.